Sunday, May 20, 2018

German Maxicards

When I was in Münster last week, also the Team "Erlebnis: Briefmarken" of the German Post was there to offer the special postmark to the visitors of the German Catholics Day and to sell other philatelic products. I actually hoped to buy the maxicards of Germany's latest stamps, but unfortunately they were already sold out when I was there. Luckily the postal clerk offered me to send me them from their warehouse. On Wednesday they arrived in my postbox.

The first maxicard shows the Gewandhaus in Leipzig. The Gewandhaus is a concert hall and is especially known as home of the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchestra. As one of Leipzig's Musical Heritage Sites it got the European Heritage Label in 2017.


The second maxicard shows the Rheinkniebrücke and the Oberkasseler Brücke in Düsseldorf. These are two of the three bridges in the Düsseldorf Bridge Family, which had a major influence on the development of the cable-stayed bridges around the World.


The third maxicard shows Karl Marx.


No comments:

Post a Comment