Sunday, March 25, 2018

German Peanuts Stamps

On 1st March 2018 German Post issued two stamps about the Peanuts. The stamps were issued gummed, self-adhesive and as a souvenir sheet and many special postmarks were available for the issue. Although there were some delays in getting some of the special postmarks from the postmarking unit, I now finally have all of them in my collection.

The Peanuts is an American series of comic strips by Charles M. Schulz. The publication of the series began in 1950 and just stopped after the author's death in 2000, as Schulz enacted that the series should not be continued after his death. The series is about the inconsistency of the human life and is played by suburban kids. 

Luckily I was able to get a few Peanuts postcards from Japan, as there are no available were I live. One of the cards I turned into a maxicard with the two self-adhesive stamps and their First Day Special Postmarks from Bonn.


With a nice matching stamp:
Peanuts - gummed version (from set of two) (issued 01-03-2018)
with First Day Special Postmark from Bonn


The First Day Special Postmark for the souvenir sheet and the one for the gummed version from Berlin I got on covers. On covers I also got two special postmarks from Bonn and Munich.



No comments:

Post a Comment