Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Germany: Tree Top Trail

Today I got three postcards: two from Germany and one from New Zealand.

One of the German cards shows the Tree Top Trail in Bad Harzburg. The Tree Top Trail offers a walk in the Harz Mountains from a complete different perspective - from above! On the trail there are information stands about the fauna and the flora of the region. It is 700m long and between 8m and 22m high. It was built between November 2014 and March 2015 for 4.6million€. It opened on 7th May 2015.
I sent this card to me after I recently visited Bad Harzburg and the Tree Top Trail.


Stamp:
EUROPA (issued 03-05-2007)


After my visit to the Tree Top Trail I also visited the souvenir shop of the Nature House in Bad Harzburg. There I bought a set of shaped postcards from different service points of the National Park Harz. The two cads from the Brockenhaus show a Bat and a Fire Salamander, the card from the Nature House a Lynx and the card from the TorfHaus a Bark Beetle.



No comments:

Post a Comment