Friday, June 5, 2015

Germany: Braunschweigisches Landesmuseum

On Wednesday I got four postcards: two from Germany, one from Estonia and one from New Zealand.

One of the cards from Germany shows the Braunschweigisches Landesmuseum. The Braunschweigiches Landesmuseum is a history museum presenting the history of the Braunschweig area. The collection of the museum is shown in four locations in and around Braunschweig. It was founded in 1891 and moved to its main location in the Viewegshaus in 1976. 
I sent the card to me after I recently visited the museum.


Stamp:
Felix the Rabbit (from set of two) (issued 02-03-2015)


I visited the museum the see the special exhibition "When is a hero a hero?". It connects the history of Frederick William, Duke of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel, with the question which qualities a person needs to be considered as a hero. It will be shown until October 2015. The card shows a model of a monument that was placed in Quatre Bras to honour the death of Frederick William.


I also bought a postcard of the special exhibition "Rome's Forgotten Campaign". It was shown between September 2013 and January 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment