Friday, May 8, 2015

Germany: Bad Harzburg and the Harz

On Tuesday I got three postcards: one from Germany, one from Thailand and my first card from Malta.

The card from Germany shows an aerial view of Bad Harzburg. Bad Harzburg is a town in Lower Saxony on the edge of the Harz. It is a recognised health resort.
I sent this card to me after I recently visited Bad Harzburg.


Stamp:
200th birthday of Otto von Bismarck (issued 02-04-2015)
Otto von Bismarck is since 1895 honorary citizen of Bad Harzburg.


In Bad Harzburg I also bought two cards showing the flora and fauna of the Harz.
The first one shows rare flowers from the Harz National Park.


The second card shows an Eurasian lynx. The last Eurasian lynx of the Harz was shot in 1818, but 24 animals from zoos were reintroduced between 2000 and 2006.


No comments:

Post a Comment