Saturday, September 20, 2014

USA: Edmund Dulac's illustration of The Nightingale

Today I got two postcards: one from the USA and my first card from Argentina.

The card from the USA shows Edmund Dulac's illustration of Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale The Nightingale. The fairy tale was first published in 1843 and the illustration is from 1911. Edmund Dulac was born in 1882 in Toulouse and naturalised later to Great Britain. He was an illustrator for children's books and magazines and also designed stamps and banknotes for Great Britain, France and Poland. He died in 1953.


Stamps:
George Washington (issued 11-04-2011)
American Clock (issued 24-01-2003)
Glacier National Park (from set of two) (issued 19-01-2012)
with a special postmark from the National Postal Museum Station in Washington D.C.


Thank You very much Jennifer!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for featuring my postcard! I'm glad you love it! I think the stamps & postmark look great!

    ReplyDelete