Saturday, August 2, 2014

Germany: Braunschweigisches Landesmuseum

Today I got two cards: one from Germany and one from Russia.

The card from Germany I sent to myself after I had visited the new exhibition at the Braunschweigisches Landesmuseum. The title of the exhibition is "1914...Schrecklich Kriegerische Zeiten" ("1914...awful wartime") and it is divided into three parts. The first part is about individual fates of soldiers and the life in Braunschweig during the war. The second part is about effects of the World War I on the society and the politics. And the third part is about remembrance. The exhibition is one of the largest on the World War I and can be visited until the 25th January 2015. The card I chose shows one of the exhibits. It is a cast-iron dog wearing a spiked helmet. The figure is a private loan.


Stamp:
Glücksburg Castle (from set of two) (issued 02-01-2013)
with a postmark of the date when the German Empire entered the war with the declaration of war against Russia


No comments:

Post a Comment